Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In a 4- to 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk, tapioca, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in a small amount of hot tapioca mixture. Return all to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
This was the best recipe for pearl tapioca that I've found. Delicious! I didn't stir quite as often as I should have so my pearl tapioca stuck together but that was my fault. This is a great recipe. Thank you,Ruth, for sharing it.
Sep 27, 2018
We love tapioca pudding, but I don't like standing, stirring and watching it like a traditional recipe calls for. And then sometimes it just does not turn out. This recipe is terrific! Easier than easy, great consistency and so tasty! Thank you, Ruth!