Baked oatmeal is a popular breakfast in my house. I make it often for my husband and seven children because it's budget friendly and versatile. I like to add a variety of dried fruits or nuts to mix it up. —Christina Smeal, Fairmont, West Virginia
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in apple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p39
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review