Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional fat-free milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the apple, raisins and walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Baked Oatmeal(5)
Sort By :
Delicious recipe, Christina. I cut this recipe into thirds and baked it in 2 ramekins so I could take it to work for breakfast. It is easily prepared, delicious and nutritious with many ingredients options.
This baked oatmeal was pretty good, especially served with milk. I omitted the walnuts, and used golden raisins. My husband really enjoyed it, but next time I will add more cinnamon - I thought it was a little bland.
I also baked it in a 13x9 pan
I modified this recipe....I made it the night before and refridgerated it and baked it in the morning.
I used 2/3 cup dates instead of the walnuts and raisins. I also added 1/4 cup peanut butter and 2TBS apple sauce to the recipe.
I've never made baked oatmeal before, so can't compare it to other recipes. I was good and easy to make. I replaced some of the milk with eggnog for added flavor. It was sweet without being too sweet.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >