Pumpkin-Pecan Baked Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional 2% milk and brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove oatmeal from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Uncover and stir oatmeal; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve warm with additional milk and brown sugar.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without additional ingredients): 478 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 13, 2019
We aren't huge fans of baked oatmeal recipes but this one was AMAZING! It's perfectly sweet and easy to make. We loved the crunch of the pecans too. A great, hearty recipe that will definitely be in our rotation now!
Sep 19, 2019
This was so good, my husband asked me to make it again! I made it in the morning, so I didn’t refrigerate it overnight, and it still came out perfect. I divided the left overs into single serving containers and it reheated beautifully.
Mar 4, 2019
I used 1 Tsp of pumpkin pie spice because I felt a dish with pumpkin needed some cinnamon too. Swapped cranberries for raisins. Came out very nice, can cut or scoop it from the pan. I thought the extra sugar on top was needed because it wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be, which was actually a pleasant surprise. I'd make it again with my changes.
Sep 25, 2018
Delicious and so easy to prepare. Nice for out of town guests as can make night before and just toss in oven next morning. There were four of us eating this and we all agreed that it was very good.
Dec 21, 2017
Delicious! I substituted raisins for cranberries; and cut the recipe down to 2 ramekins. Thanks, Alex, for sharing this delicious recipe.