Apple Lemon Puff Recipe
For a special morning treat or even dessert, try light refreshing Apple Lemon Puff. Field editor Doris Heath of Bryson City, North Carolina shares the delightful recipe.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 6 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add apple rings; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Cook until tender, turning once. In a bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla for 1 minute. In another bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold in flour and remaining sugar. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Place apple rings in a greased 2-cup baking dish. Spread egg mixture on top. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set. Invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Apple Lemon Puff in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Lemon Puff(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >