- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake until puffed and edges are lightly browned, 16-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat; saute apples until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Spoon into pancake; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Honey Dutch Baby
"This was good. I should have used my blender to mix the batter and poured it into the pan immediately. I made it as the recipe indicates and it sat around awhile. Turned out spongy."
"Next time I would put in less cardamom... the flavor was a bit overpowering for my taste. Yummy recipe though!"
"My kids love this recipe! For my college boys it is a must when they come home!"