- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Comfort in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p92
Reviews for Apple Comfort
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2014
""Delicious!!!" That's the best word to describe this recipe. Being able to make it in the slow cooker was great idea. The only thing I changed well added was a little nutmeg."
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
"This was a big hit with the family at Christmas.it is now requested for every family gathering we have big or small.I used half & half instead of the heavy cream and it still turned out great"