Years ago, we were without electricity for nine days during an ice storm, but I was able run the slow cooker from our generator. The situation called for dessert, and this has been a favorite ever since.
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Comfort in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p92
Reviews for Apple Comfort
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2014
""Delicious!!!" That's the best word to describe this recipe. Being able to make it in the slow cooker was great idea. The only thing I changed well added was a little nutmeg."
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
"This was a big hit with the family at Christmas.it is now requested for every family gathering we have big or small.I used half & half instead of the heavy cream and it still turned out great"