- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium Gala apples, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, add apples, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice, broth, vinegar, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Place pork chops over top; cook, covered, 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops & Rice in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014, p1-25
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Balsamic Pork Chops & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2014
"Delicious and fast. I followed the recipe exactly except I used short-grain brown rice which I cooked ahead of time. Will make again--soon."