Almost a Candy Bar Recipe
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 chewy s'mores granola bars, chopped
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine dough and granola bars. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and marshmallows. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Sprinkle with walnuts; arrange pretzels over the top. In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter; spoon over bars.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread or drizzle over bars. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almost a Candy Bar(13)
Sort By :
I just had to pop on here and tell you all how sweet it was to see the reviews you posted about this Bar
when I started to create this bar an elderly women who has long passed was the biggest inspiration for this so it was nice to see others also enjoyed it as well
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH
May GOD BLESS ALL YOUR DAYS
I made these for a "bake off" contest at work. They won 1st place in 2 categories, Best Tasting and Most Original. Thanks for making me look good :)
This recipe is was a hit with everyone!! Thanks for sharing!!
Soooo Gooood! This new bar has been added to my coveted Christmas Cookie tray assortment and I don't add new recipes very often! Chuck full of goodies, there isn't anyone that won't love this bar. Very easy to prepare. I would have to say this is a Candy Bar Bar!!
Soooo Gooood!! This is a new Christmas staple for my cookie tray and I don't add new recipes very often! Was very easy to prepare and everyone loved it, not that there was much to dislike! Can't get more packed with goodies if you tried! I would have to say this is a Candy Bar Bar!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Candy Bar Recipes >
- Candy Bars >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >