Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain; serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce(18)
Sort By :
The chicken is really delicious! It did take longer to cook than the recipe said. The sauce is also very good, but I think that next time I make it that I'm going to not add the rosemary as it was too much for me. I added some garlic to the sauce too. My boyfriend loved the chicken as well and has been asking when we can make it again. Also loved how easy this recipe is to make.
I make just the chicken part and serve with all kinds of things..sandwiches etc.
This is excellent! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe. It is the best way I have had chicken. What's more - I had all the ingredients in, so it's cheapish too. I used plain bread crumbs, a small yellow onion (most common here in UK) and a garlic clove. It went really nice with the spinach. I had it with rice and salad too because I have massive appetite! Superb, thank you.
Super easy, fast, and delicious! Did dip chicken in lightly whisked egg.
THE BEST CHICKEN EVER!! This recipe I was really excited to try. I tried it out and my fiance' was ecstatic and really commended me for making this. I'm new to trying new recipe's and cooking every day, but this chicken was amazing. It has the best flavoring and was juicy. The leftovers didn't last long!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >