- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain; serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce
Sort By :
"My boyfriend and I absolutely love this recipe. I do make alterations to it, though. I reduce the balsamic vinegar by 1 TBSP, use 1 cup of fresh (blended) strawberries, and add 2 TBSP strawberry preserves. I use the leftover sauce (if any) for any chicken I may have during the week. It's fantastic!"
"This was really good. I would definitely flatten the chicken to 1/4" thick, otherwise the crumb coating will burn before the center is done."
"My son and I thought this recipe was amazing. This recipe is both good for a family meal or to entertain with. Didn'thave strawberry preserves on hand so I used raspberry. I wont even try the strawberry because I loved the raspberry so much."
"This is a wonderful dinner. Everyone in my family loved it and I will be making it again and again."
"This has become one of my favorites."