- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain; serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce
Sort By :
"I was a liitle disappointed in this recipe, but I would make it again. The coating was starting to burn by the time the chicken was completely done and it would not all stay on...maybe try to double coat next time and make sure the chicken is cut thin enough to cook quicker. Absolutely loved the sauce with it, but not overly flavorful without it."
"My boyfriend and I absolutely love this recipe. I do make alterations to it, though. I reduce the balsamic vinegar by 1 TBSP, use 1 cup of fresh (blended) strawberries, and add 2 TBSP strawberry preserves. I use the leftover sauce (if any) for any chicken I may have during the week. It's fantastic!"
"This was really good. I would definitely flatten the chicken to 1/4" thick, otherwise the crumb coating will burn before the center is done."
"My son and I thought this recipe was amazing. This recipe is both good for a family meal or to entertain with. Didn'thave strawberry preserves on hand so I used raspberry. I wont even try the strawberry because I loved the raspberry so much."
"This is a wonderful dinner. Everyone in my family loved it and I will be making it again and again."