Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves, vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain; serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken & Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce
Sort By :
"This was really good. I would definitely flatten the chicken to 1/4" thick, otherwise the crumb coating will burn before the center is done."
"My son and I thought this recipe was amazing. This recipe is both good for a family meal or to entertain with. Didn'thave strawberry preserves on hand so I used raspberry. I wont even try the strawberry because I loved the raspberry so much."
"This is a wonderful dinner. Everyone in my family loved it and I will be making it again and again."
"This has become one of my favorites."
"The chicken is really delicious! It did take longer to cook than the recipe said. The sauce is also very good, but I think that next time I make it that I'm going to not add the rosemary as it was too much for me. I added some garlic to the sauce too. My boyfriend loved the chicken as well and has been asking when we can make it again. Also loved how easy this recipe is to make."