Almond Cheddar Appetizers Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; stir in cheese, onion, almonds and bacon.
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices; spread with cheese mixture. Cut slices in half; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Cheddar Appetizers
Sort By :
I made these appetizers for Christmas and my guests loved them! They were easy to make and very tasty. The one small change I made was I used white cheddar cheese because I am allergic to Annatto, the coloring used in yellow cheeses. This recipe is a definite keeper!
Have made this recipe twice. The first exactly like written and the second with a minor change. Both were served to dinner guests and both were completely devoured. The change made was to use baguettes instead of French bread. Taste is the same, but the presentation is prettier. Will use this recipe again and again.
These appetizers are always a huge hit! I make them up ahead and pop them in the freezer (before baking) then you can just heat them up when unexpected company arrives.
Very good!! Easy to make and tastes so good.