Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed multigrain crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Kerrygold cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Spoon over cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in bacon. Pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 175 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 15, 2019
this was very good, has anyone tried with pie crust base
Mar 20, 2019
Delicious recipe. It's pretty forgiving as you can pretty much use whatever veggies you like. I doubled the sweet red peppers and mushrooms and it was a big success.
Mar 4, 2019
This is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. I had several requests to bring it to future get-togethers. I had no sweet red pepper and substituted Roma tomato with the pulp and seeds removed and I used vegetarian bacon because some of the guests were vegetarians. (I used Lightlife brand). Also, 1/2 cup of each veggie didn't seem like enough so I doubled them. I also added maybe a half a cup more crushed crackers to the base to allow for the added weight of the ingredients. The quiche cut into 16ths held up fine. Oh my goodness. I was a huge hit. Not a crumb left.
Jan 1, 2019
Made this for New Year's Eve tonight and enjoyed it very much! The only changes I made were I doubled the mushrooms and made my own herb and garlic cream cheese. Overall it was very good, so I plan to make it again sometime.
May 18, 2017
This was very good. I added extra veggies and eliminated the bacon. It was still good. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe.
Dec 25, 2014
This was really good... took to a party, and not enough people tried it to give it 5 stars. I would make again.
Sep 3, 2014
Absolutely delicious! followed directions...added a bit more vegetables. Made in springform pan. nice presentation! Will double the recipe next time!
Apr 23, 2014
Delicious! Everyone wanted the recipe.
Jan 14, 2014
Made this for a New Years party. Everyone raved! I added more onion, mushrooms, and a little asparagus. Great!
Aug 11, 2013
This is delicious! I made it for my bed and breakfast guests this morning. I told them it was an 'experiment' and they said I should definitely make it again. It took 35 minutes to bake, came out of the springform pan easily, and browned nicely on top. A winner!