Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed multigrain crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Spoon over cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in bacon. Pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 175 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2019
Made this for New Year's Eve tonight and enjoyed it very much! The only changes I made were I doubled the mushrooms and made my own herb and garlic cream cheese. Overall it was very good, so I plan to make it again sometime.
May 18, 2017
This was very good. I added extra veggies and eliminated the bacon. It was still good. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe.
Dec 25, 2014
This was really good... took to a party, and not enough people tried it to give it 5 stars. I would make again.
Sep 3, 2014
Absolutely delicious! followed directions...added a bit more vegetables. Made in springform pan. nice presentation! Will double the recipe next time!
Apr 23, 2014
Delicious! Everyone wanted the recipe.
Jan 14, 2014
Made this for a New Years party. Everyone raved! I added more onion, mushrooms, and a little asparagus. Great!
Aug 11, 2013
This is delicious! I made it for my bed and breakfast guests this morning. I told them it was an 'experiment' and they said I should definitely make it again. It took 35 minutes to bake, came out of the springform pan easily, and browned nicely on top. A winner!
Dec 16, 2012
Wow! So so easy! I saw this as a repin on Pinterest and thought it sounded good. I had a Christmas party to go to and I was a bit pressed for time, not to mention ingredients. This was AMAZING! Like many others that tried this recipe, it was certainly a crowd pleaser... Gone in 30 mins! Had many compliments and requests. I omitted the bacon because there were a couple of vegetarians but it didn't matter! I used regular cream cheese and added my own herbs and garlic to the sautéed veg. I had on hand asparagus, red onion, mushrooms, peppers and added the zucchini. It was divine! Making three more tomorrow! Very nice work Barbara, thank you!h
Sep 11, 2012
YUM! Doubled (except not quite double on the cheese) and baked in a foil-lined 13x9. Took approx. 45 min. Used multi-grain Club crackers. The "crust" did not hold together - it was just loose crumbs. Used 1 tub low-fat herb cream cheese and 8 oz. plain neufchatel. Took to a church breakfast potluck cut into small squares. Big hit!!
Sep 9, 2012
This turned out exactly like the picture and it was yummy too! I didn't have any zucchini, so I added extra mushrooms and red pepper. I will make this again soon!