- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato, onion and pickle slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
Sort By :
"This recipe is absolutely amazing, best burgers,will definitely be making these again & again!"
"We've made this several times and seems to be a sure winner for company and cook-outs"
"Tried this recipe during the 4th of July weekend, they were fantastic! Now we are planning a cookout and going to use this recipe for our friends. I had to send this one to my sister in Michigan too! Thank you so much!"
"Made these with ground buffalo instead of beef. Super tasty!"
"Made these for Memorial Day and they was a great hit. Everyone loved them"