- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato, onion and pickle slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
"These were ok. I guess I like my hamburger meat to be seasoned a little more. I felt like they were lacking in flavor."
"I thought these were very tasty burgers. They do remind me of meatloaf though. Good thing I'm a huge fan of meatloaf!"
"Used 85% lean ground chuck and red wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar. Otherwise followed recipe. They were good. However they tasted more like meatloaf than a burger. I don't think I would make them again unless I had a "hankerin'" for meatloaf"
"Can't say this was the best burger I've had but These were tasty! Based on the reviews I thought I would have problems with them holding together on the grill, but that wasn't an issue for me. I wonder if other people were using previously frozen hamburger? Sometimes that can result in a watery mix... My meat was not previously frozen and I used an 80/20 mix that worked well."
"This recipe is absolutely amazing, best burgers,will definitely be making these again & again!"