From Anchorage, Alaska, Carol Ross says, "In this rich-tasting soup, we use red salmon my husband and son catch."
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked salmon chunks or 2 cans (7-1/2 ounces each) salmon, drained and bones removed
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until tender. Add the potatoes, carrots, seasoned salt if desired, dill and remaining broth.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add zucchini; simmer for 5 minutes. Add the corn, milk and salmon; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Alaskan Salmon Chowder in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p18
Reviews for Alaskan Salmon Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review