- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 heads lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped or sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- Brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool. Toss with remaining ingredients in an extra-large resealable plastic bag or large container. Yield: 40-50 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for "Trash Bag" Taco Salad
Sort By :
I've done this salad for years but use Kraft Russian Dressing.
I've made one like this for years and then made this and liked it even more. Quick and wonderful
THAT IS THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD. I LOVE IT.
Wonderful Taco meal. Loved by our whole family.
This is a great recipe despite the unusual name! In our house we have always called in "Texas Salad". We make ours without the beef. This allows for vegetarians to have a hearty alternative. This also looks beautiful to just layer salad in glass bowl until time to eat then add chips and toss in the bowl. Thanks to the crunchy chips, kids keep returning for seconds!