10-Minute Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 package (9-1/4 ounces) corn chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a small saucepan , cook beans over medium-low heat until heated through. Place corn chips on a large platter. Top with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, olives, salsa and sour cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 423 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 26, 2012
Super easy and meatless version of the traditional salad. Very good!
Jul 8, 2012
This is a great super quick dish. I swap out the corn chips to make it a healthier dish. My meat eating husband even loves this one!
Feb 3, 2012
this is our go-to quick meal! We heat up the beans in the microwave (we like Bush's mild), pour over the chips and let the cheese melt. Then, we put all the fixings on the side and let everyone make their own taco salad.
Jan 23, 2012
I cooked this today for lunch (getting tired of soup and sandwich) added 1/2lb of ground beaf &red pepper corns.yum Snowkitty
Nov 27, 2011
I cooked 1lb of ground beef prior and added it to the beans, plus 1 tsp of chili powder. Delicious!
Aug 10, 2011
This is a super quick and easy go-to recipe. DH is a vegetarian, so this satisfies both of us. We use chili corn chips, depending on what we have on hand. Thanks for sharing this!
Jan 8, 2011
We love this salad for nights when we forgot to take something out - we use chili corn chips and black beans -yum!
Nov 15, 2010
Wonderful recipe. My 2 year old was able to help with this. Next time I would probably mix the beans with some seasoned hamburger!