I use this recipe for church functions and patio parties and assign each guest an ingredient. This simple and economical crowd-pleaser makes cleanup a breeze.—Margie Dodd, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 heads lettuce, shredded
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped or sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1 jar (12 ounces) salsa
- Brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool. Toss with remaining ingredients in an extra-large resealable plastic bag or large container. Yield: 40-50 servings.
Originally published as "Trash Bag" Taco Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for "Trash Bag" Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review