White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- White chocolate curls and/or crushed Oreo cookies, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Press cookie crumbs onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate curls and/or crushed cookies if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 369 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 30, 2011
can you use a prepared chocolate crust and make the ingredients on the stovetop then pour into crust? anyone?
Sep 11, 2010
Getting the white chocolate just right is the trickiest part...melting it to the correct temperature without it setting again. But if you can get that down, this recipe is simply amazing! It's a huge hit whenever I make it and a great addition to our holiday cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.