- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Watermelon wedges, optional
- Puree 3 cups watermelon in a blender. Cut remaining watermelon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon puree, lime juice, lime zest, ginger and salt. Stir in the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and cubed watermelon. Chill until serving. If desired, serve with wedge of watermelon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWatermelon Gazpacho
"Wonderfully refreshing...did bulk it up a bit and pureed all ingredients. A keeper!"
"This chilled soup not only makes a grand presentation, the unusual medly of flavors and texture combinations harmonize beautifully. Skeptical guests ooh'd and aah'd and everyone loved the added punch of jalapeno. I served it as an appetizer and it stole the show! A must try. malverna bosh"