- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Chopped sweet yellow pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion. In another large bowl, combine the tomato juice, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with chives and yellow pepper if desired.
1-1/2 cups: 80 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.