Healthy vegetables are the basis of this cold, tasty soup. For a spicier version, use spicy V8 juice.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Chopped sweet yellow pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onion. In another large bowl, combine the tomato juice, oregano, basil, salt, garlic, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with chives and yellow pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 80 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Gazpacho in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.