Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3 cups)
- 6 green onions, cut into thirds
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 cups loosely packed parsley sprigs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place the onions, garlic and lemon peel in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add half of the basil and parsley; cover and process until chopped. Add remaining basil and parsley; chop.
- Add the olives, capers, lemon juice, pepper flakes and cheese; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 249 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
May 24, 2010
Make this a day ahead if you can it will only get BETTER as the flavors marry and blend. This is a large recipe divide into 1 cup servings and freeze what you don't used or use it all for large group events
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.