This traditional-tasting Verde Sauce will add some beautiful color to your plate. You'll love the robust garlic flavor. Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, MA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3 cups)
- 6 green onions, cut into thirds
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 cups loosely packed parsley sprigs
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1 cup olive oil
- Place the onions, garlic and lemon zest in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add half of the basil and parsley; cover and process until chopped. Add remaining basil and parsley; chop.
- Add the olives, capers, lemon juice, pepper flakes and cheese; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 249 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
May 24, 2010
Make this a day ahead if you can it will only get BETTER as the flavors marry and blend. This is a large recipe divide into 1 cup servings and freeze what you don't used or use it all for large group events