Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook beef, green peppers and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, marinara sauce and seasoning blend. Stir in cheese.
- Toss bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over the top. Bake until heated through and topping is golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 343 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Feb 10, 2020
OK to Pretty good. Bread crumb part is optional, in my opinion. We skip that. I like to add about cup small diced portabella mushrooms (cremini) . I sear the beef with a pinch of salt, pour off some or most of fat. Add in onion, peppers and diced up mushrooms, AND 2 to 3 minced fresh garlic cloves ( or jar equivalent).. I season with about a half teaspoon each oregano ,
Jun 22, 2019
So good and so easygoing! To save even more time, I didn’t cook the rice first; I just stirred the dry rice in with the marinara sauce. Great recipe to cook in the camper!
Jan 22, 2018
Quick & easy and filling, too. I used ground turkey instead of beef. We liked it a lot. I think I might reduce the amount of rice next time.
Apr 14, 2017
Used red peppers just because I like them better. Delicious.
Apr 12, 2017
Almost gave it 5. It was pretty good. Just need a little something extra to put it over to the 5 star mark. My husband really liked it and we will have it again. My kids complained that the peppers were too big though.
Apr 11, 2017
We thought this was outstanding. Will make again.
Mar 26, 2017
This was flavorful and easy, both a plus in my book. I took others advice and used 1 & 1/2 teaspoonful of Italian seasoning. Did not mix cheese in but layered it on top after putting in the baking dish then put Italian breadcrumbs over cheese. I baked for about 30 minutes uncovered and it turned out perfect. My family says this is a keeper!
Mar 26, 2017
It was not bad with the exception of those horrible bread crumbs. Leave them off and it is not bad at all. My hubby said the same thing He would not eat it a second time.
Dec 3, 2016
I made this with my Foods class to celebrate "Dining In" day. It was quick and easy to make! We actually tripled the recipe to pass out samples to the lunch room! Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. My only change was using brown rice and Italian seasoning. I think it could have used some salt and pepper.
Aug 5, 2016
I made this for supper tonight, and I will make it again. The only thing I changed was the rice. I used one cup regular brown rice instead of instant.