Tangy Stuffed Peppers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Finely chop pepper tops; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook whole peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and chopped peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese, 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce, water and remaining Worcestershire sauce; drizzle over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 359 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2017
This is a delicious way to enjoy sweet bell peppers. It was the second time I made these so I tried something a little different. I substituted a can of condensed tomato soup for the tomato sauce. I omitted the water but added the worcestershire sauce to the soup as directed. This tastes fantastic both ways! We loved it!
Aug 16, 2011
Best ever--not too spicy or peppery--the whole family loved them!
May 1, 2009
These were exceelent! My husband and I both thought they were delicious and will definitely make again. Thank you for the recipe!