- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 60 minutes or until soft. Cut a lengthwise slice from the top of the potatoes. Scoop out the pulp and place in a bowl. Mash potatoes and butter. Blend in milk or cream, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheese. Refill potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTwice-Baked Potatoes
"Confused on step 3 - when do you put the cheese on? We did the cheese first and are hoping it comes out well!"
"These are my new favorite potato. They are even awesome warmed up as a leftover. My family loves them."
"These are great!!!!"
"These potatoes are really good and that's with out bacon (didn't have any). Looking forward to the next time with bacon :)"
"very yummy! my husband and I made a reason to make them again the next day! lol"
"This was easy and super delicious!!"
"These were delicious! I used 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in my recipe."
"I used 3/4 c. Sourcream and 3 Tbsp. of Milk."