Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 purchased frosted brownie with walnuts
- Rosebud and sprig of flowering thyme
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Chill until firm.
- Set aside three chocolate chips for shirt buttons. Melt remaining chocolate chips and shortening; stir until blended. Cool slightly. Brush over top and sides of cheesecake, leaving a V-shape in center for tuxedo shirt. Add reserved chips for buttons. Shape brownie into a bow tie; position above buttons. Create a boutonniere from the rosebud and thyme; place on tux.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 586 calories, 41g fat (23g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 16, 2010
I made a giant 16" version of this for my sister-in-law's groom cake. It was gone in a flash. Everyone just loved it. I loved the bow tie idea and will use it again on other desserts. Cheesecakes are my specialty so I was extremely pleased to see this one.