Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon juice and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in the cheese, basil and remaining butter.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 289 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2017
Bland! I wouldn't make this again.
Aug 2, 2014
This one was just "eh" for me. Not bad....but didn't have any wow factor, and based on the reviews, that's what I thought it would have. I even added some garlic and Italian seasoning......disappointing
Aug 10, 2013
This dish was FABULOUS! I was looking for a new zuchinni recipe and came across this one. It fit the bill perfectly! I used the "fresh" basil in the tube since it's all I had on hand. If quick and delicious is on your mind, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Mar 2, 2013
Very fresh/refreshing flavor. Loved this dish.
Sep 17, 2010
We eat this at least once a month with what ever pasta I have and what ever veggies are available. Made it with out the red peppers once and it was not as good! A total family favorite.
Jun 21, 2010
I have made this 3 times this month, it is my new favorite go to pasta dish for the summer! I have varied it a few ways, using lime juice instead of lemon or white wine vinegar instead. Its definitely better with fresh basil. And I have never done the cucumbers simply bc we don't eat them, but have added yellow pepper or green pepper instead (the yellow was tastier). Love this dish!
Oct 20, 2009
I made this years ago, then lost the recipe. The flavors in this dish blend so well together, but whatever you do...don't skimp & use grated cheese or basil from a jar! It's worth a trip to the store to get these items fresh...they absolutely MAKE the dish. I also added fresh lemon peel.
Jun 18, 2009
Potato Soup7 cups cubed peeled potatoes -- (7 to 7 1/2)4 cups chicken broth ( reduced-sodium )1 cup water2 cups chopped onion1/2 cup chopped celery1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots1/4 cup butter or margarine2 teaspoons salt1/4 teaspoon pepper2 tablespoons dried dill weed1 can evaporated milk -- (12 oz)In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or until thevegetables are tender.Add milk. Stir to blend and heat.Use a hand mixer to blend some of the "chunks" to thickensoup. Fix to preference: to thicken further use potatoflakes & to thin soup,add regular milk.
Jun 13, 2009
Also good with frozen shrimp instead of chicken and fresh diced tomato thrown in at the end
Jun 12, 2009
I use frozen vegetables and also add parsley. I've even used canned chicken for a fast meal.Sharon