Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon juice and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in the cheese, basil and remaining butter.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 289 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 31, 2017
Bland! I wouldn't make this again.
Aug 2, 2014
This one was just "eh" for me. Not bad....but didn't have any wow factor, and based on the reviews, that's what I thought it would have. I even added some garlic and Italian seasoning......disappointing
Aug 10, 2013
This dish was FABULOUS! I was looking for a new zuchinni recipe and came across this one. It fit the bill perfectly! I used the "fresh" basil in the tube since it's all I had on hand. If quick and delicious is on your mind, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Mar 2, 2013
Very fresh/refreshing flavor. Loved this dish.
Sep 17, 2010
We eat this at least once a month with what ever pasta I have and what ever veggies are available. Made it with out the red peppers once and it was not as good! A total family favorite.
Jun 21, 2010
I have made this 3 times this month, it is my new favorite go to pasta dish for the summer! I have varied it a few ways, using lime juice instead of lemon or white wine vinegar instead. Its definitely better with fresh basil. And I have never done the cucumbers simply bc we don't eat them, but have added yellow pepper or green pepper instead (the yellow was tastier). Love this dish!
Oct 20, 2009
I made this years ago, then lost the recipe. The flavors in this dish blend so well together, but whatever you do...don't skimp & use grated cheese or basil from a jar! It's worth a trip to the store to get these items fresh...they absolutely MAKE the dish. I also added fresh lemon peel.
Jun 18, 2009
Potato Soup7 cups cubed peeled potatoes -- (7 to 7 1/2)4 cups chicken broth ( reduced-sodium )1 cup water2 cups chopped onion1/2 cup chopped celery1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots1/4 cup butter or margarine2 teaspoons salt1/4 teaspoon pepper2 tablespoons dried dill weed1 can evaporated milk -- (12 oz)In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or until thevegetables are tender.Add milk. Stir to blend and heat.Use a hand mixer to blend some of the "chunks" to thickensoup. Fix to preference: to thicken further use potatoflakes & to thin soup,add regular milk.
Jun 13, 2009
Also good with frozen shrimp instead of chicken and fresh diced tomato thrown in at the end
Jun 12, 2009
I use frozen vegetables and also add parsley. I've even used canned chicken for a fast meal.Sharon