Here's a super way to savor roast turkey and stuffing without having to cook the big holiday bird. The stuffing is hearty, and the meat is juicy and tender. -Aura Lee Johnson, Vermilion, Ohio
Recommended: Easy Acorn Squash Recipes to Adore
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cups dry bread cubes
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place turkey breast side up in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170° (cover loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, celery and onions until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the bread cubes, pecans, raisins, broth, eggs, salt, sage and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour.
- Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with stuffing. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Sausage Stuffing in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p39