Turkey Swiss Quiche
This recipe is the perfect solution to what to do with left over turkey. My family looks forward to it every year after Thanksgiving.—Lois Forehand, Little River Academy, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), unbaked
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- 3 slices (3/4 ounce each) Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Sprinkle turkey into pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the shredded Swiss cheese, onions, pimientos, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. Arrange Swiss cheese strips in a lattice pattern over quiche. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 489 calories, 31g fat (16g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Turkey & Swiss Quiche in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.