Turkey Chop Suey
Field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan uses leftover turkey for her fast-to-fix chop suey. Canned bean sprouts and water chestnuts add a nice crunch to the mix.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the turkey, water chestnuts and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth; add to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add bean sprouts. Serve with rice.