Hamburger Chop Suey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- CHOP SUEY:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and bouillon; stir in water and soy sauce until blended. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, celery, mushrooms, peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and spinach.
- Stir reserved sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 1, 2012
I wasn't to sure about this recipe, but I decided to try it. It was very good! I didn't use the mushrooms because my family doesn't care for them. It was full a flavor! I will be making this one again!