This recipe is my children's all-time favorite meal. How much do they like it? Even more than they like pizza...and that's a lot!—Debra Weihert, Waterloo, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (28 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked rice
- Chow mein noodles
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; add to skillet.
- Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add vegetables and soy sauce; stir and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Chop Suey in Country Ground Beef
Mar 10, 2009
I substituted chicken & chicken bouillon cubes and it turned out delicious...Tasted like my mother-in-laws but much easier....My family loved it. Will make it again.