- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in barley and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until carrots and barley are tender. Stir in turkey, spinach and pepper; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTurkey & Vegetable Barley Soup
"easy, tasty and healthy, something that you can feel good about eating. Great ingredient that you substitute with what you have, but I made as written except for using pearl barley that I made the day before. Dh & I declared this a keeper and will save it for Thanksgiving leftover turkey. Thanks Lisa, a real winner!"