- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a slow cooker; add milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses and garlic powder. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTrout Chowder
"I made this but added more trout because I had a large one on hand and I added some red potatoes and real garlic instead of powder and I added some green pepper. I had to increase the milk and cheese and dressing as well but it turned out better then expected! This is a keeper, We will make this again."