Trail Mix Slices
With big handfuls of dried apricots and cherries, almonds and pistachios, we make dozens of treats you can take anywhere.—Donna Pochoday-Stelmach, Morristown, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup M&M's minis
- Place almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. While processing, gradually add honey and extract. Remove to a large bowl; stir in cherries, mixed nuts and candies. Divide mixture in half; shape each into an 8-in. long roll. Wrap tightly in plastic; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut rolls into 1/2-in. slices. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Originally published as Cherry, Apricot, Pistachio, Marzipan Bites in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.