Trail Mix Blondie Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14-3/4 ounces) chocolate chip quick bread and muffin mix
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 2/3 cup coarsely crushed miniature pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine bread mix, cracker crumbs, eggs and browned butter; stir just until blended. Stir in peanuts and raisins. Spread into prepared pan. Top with M&M's and pretzels. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 200 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 16, 2017
These were not great. They are edible, but the bread/muffin mix isn't a good base for bars. They were dry and crumby, almost like a bad cake.
Jul 27, 2015
I made these this afternoon and OMGosh, are they wonderful or not. These are absolutely delicious. I could have eaten the entire batch. I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out fabulously. I'm taking them to my book club meeting tomorrow to share. Only one slight suggestion. When the butter begins to boil, then start timing it for 5-7 minutes or until the butter turns brown. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.