Brownie Mallow Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Pour into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes. Top with marshmallows; bake 3 minutes longer (marshmallows will not be completely melted). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal; spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 259 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2014
I make these all the time on request for my husbands work place, they love them. So easy to make as well.
Aug 21, 2014
Takes a little time but so worth it. My family devoured in short order!
Dec 29, 2011
Add to the Marshmallow about 1/2 tsp coconut flavoring and about 1/2 Cup flaked coconut, and you have a Mounds bar.
Mar 8, 2011
Lots of calories but oh so worth it the kids now want it for there birthday treat
Sep 17, 2010
The marshmallow layer was gunky and did not stick well to the brownie layer BUT my 14 yr old nephew LOVED them. I'm making them again for his birthday.
Jun 16, 2010
These are absolutely amazing and an instant hit with the entire crew! We even tried them a 2nd time mixing crushed graham crackers in the with crispies for an even more s'mores-like taste. Yummo!
Oct 9, 2008
Re: Brownie Mallow BarsThe recipe was easy to follow, but I found it very difficult to cut after being in the refrigerator ( the marshmallow layer was extremely hard)lilypad
Feb 4, 2008
I have to say i love these brownies. Although I hope she did not take credit herself I have been making these brownies for years. I got the recipe from and old "Bake Sale" book. It really upsets me that someone would take the credit for someone elses work! So I hope she is not!Samantha De Paola