Tiramisu Toffee Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 4 large egg whites
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), chopped
- Line two greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, coffee and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in chopped candy bars.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the whipping cream. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons coffee. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with chopped candy bar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 395 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2018
If my kids know I'm making this, I have to make more than one. Sooo good!
Mar 31, 2018
I'm making this right now! It's my daughter's favorite, and since she'll be here for her birthday and Easter tomorrow, this is dessert! Everyone loves it! I don't adjust it, but I do make double frosting! Just because.
Apr 30, 2017
Delicious! The hardest part was finding the Heath candy bars! Unlike some reviewers I found there to be plenty of frosting.
Mar 9, 2017
Sure francedulac, should make a nice rich icing. You might need to cut back on the liquid a bit, marscapone is a bit softer.
Mar 9, 2017
Can you sub mascarpone for the cream cheese?
Aug 11, 2016
Spectacular! One of the most loved recipes I made from Taste of Home!
May 31, 2016
If you get a piece of silicone baking sheet that can be cut into shapes, you can make liners for your cake pans to use over and over--just wash them. I still spray and flour, but the liner helps the cake come right out.
Mar 27, 2016
I made this for Easter and we had company over and we all thought it was moist, delicious, and soft. It makes a lot of servings and I will absolutely make this again!
Jan 1, 2015
I made this torte for the first time and really liked it. I WILL be making it again!
Nov 10, 2014
Great recipe. I changed it a little as there is diabetes in the family. I used sugar free whip cream, less sugar as the chocolate sweetens it enough, and fat free cream cheese. It was so moist and delicious.