Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 6 cups
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Corn or Rice Chex
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on high for 30 seconds. Stir; microwave 30 seconds longer or until the chips are melted. Stir in peanut butter. Gently stir in cereal until well coated; set aside.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a 2-gallon plastic storage bag. Add cereal mixture and shake until well coated. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 194 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 30, 2014
Kids always love their "Muddy Buddies", both making them and eating them. So much cheaper than buying a small bag in the store. And this is such a snap to put together.
Oct 8, 2012
My daycare kids all loved it. I can only eat just a little at a time because it is very sweet.
Apr 5, 2008
This recipe is a fun treat and ALWAYS goes over well. One Christmas we made up several batches, filled several baggies, attached a cute topper made from cardstock and gave them out as gifts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.