Swamp Juice a la Slime
The green goo oozing down the sides of the eerie wine glasses make this fruity beverage perfect for any Halloween party. -Melisa Ann Beier, Howell, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
Makes10 servings (2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Green paste food coloring
- 5 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- Fresh pineapple slices, optional
- Refrigerate 10 champagne flutes or cocktail glasses until chilled. In a small bowl, combine corn syrup and green food coloring; dip rims of chilled glasses into mixture. Turn glasses upright, allowing mixture to slightly run down sides of glasses. Freeze until firm.
- In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, grape juice and yellow food coloring if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir club soda into juice mixture. Pour juice into prepared glasses; garnish with pineapple if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Swamp Juice Ala Slime in Taste of Home October/November 2009