Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- Thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cantaloupe and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Just before serving, gently stir in raspberries; top with sunflower kernels. If desired, sprinkle with mint.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
May 30, 2014
Good fruit combinations, but I thought the cheese was a bit odd; it didn't seem to go with the fruits. I'd try a sweeter cheese in the future. I really liked the addition of the sunflower kernels, they give the salad a nice crunch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.