Color It Ruby Salad
Just looking at this bright red salad cheers me up—and then I get to taste it! For garnish, sprinkle on fresh chives and mild white cheese. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound small tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) beets, drained and chopped
- Mix vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Toss with tomatoes, strawberries and beets. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 98 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Color it "Ruby" Salad in Taste of Home September/October 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.