Color It Ruby Salad
Just looking at this bright red salad cheers me up—and then I get to taste it! For garnish, sprinkle on fresh chives and mild white cheese. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound small tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) beets, drained and chopped
- Mix vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Toss with tomatoes, strawberries and beets. Serve immediately.