Preparing this recipe is the best way I know to make sure my family takes time for breakfast. I just call out "pizza's ready!" and amazingly everyone comes to the table. —Rose Koren, Brookfield, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepepr
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on a greased pizza pan. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out six circles from crust. (Remove circles and save for another use.) Break an egg into each hole. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon, peppers and onion. Bake until eggs are completely set, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 355 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Sunny-Side-Up Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.