- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soups, 1/4 cup butter and rice. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken pieces. Drizzle chicken with remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSunday Chicken
"OMG! This is one of the first recipes I ever collected! I got it from a college roommate, who had recently gotten married. It was 1977. She invited me and my soon-to-be-fianc? over for dinner. We both loved the recipe so she wrote it on an index card and gave it to me. I still have that index card."
"So easy to make, and it tasted great. Pure comfort food! I used a large package of drumsticks so it was ready in about an hour and a half."
"Great down-home flavor! And so simple for a busy night. This will be one of my favorite go-to recipes. Thanks for sharing!"
"So simple and delicious. Perfect when you have a busy day."
"One of my husband's favorite dishes! And very easy to make!"
"I have a hard to please husband and a two year old. They loved this! My son is more into the rice than the chicken, but this was SO delicious! The only thing I will do next time is season the chicken more, at my husband's request. It's so easy to throw together and so surprisingly good for so few ingredients."
"It wasn't quite up to my expectations partly because im not a big fan of condensed cream soups"