- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soups, 1/4 cup butter and rice. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken pieces. Drizzle chicken with remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSunday Chicken
"Love this recipe. I used thighs and I browned them before baking 2 hours."
"Haven't made it yet but wondering if anyone made this with just chicken breast and did they get dry?"
"OMG! This is one of the first recipes I ever collected! I got it from a college roommate, who had recently gotten married. It was 1977. She invited me and my soon-to-be-fianc? over for dinner. We both loved the recipe so she wrote it on an index card and gave it to me. I still have that index card."
"So easy to make, and it tasted great. Pure comfort food! I used a large package of drumsticks so it was ready in about an hour and a half."
"Great down-home flavor! And so simple for a busy night. This will be one of my favorite go-to recipes. Thanks for sharing!"
"So simple and delicious. Perfect when you have a busy day."