Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
I adapted this tomato appetizer from a stuffed mushroom recipe that I've used for years. The tasty little treats always win compliments—they're perfect at parties or for potlucks and salad luncheons. Best of all, although it looks as if you slaved over them for hours, they are really very easy to prepare! —Donna Smith, Grey Cliff, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Whole chives, optional
- Make an "X" in the top of each tomato, cutting two-thirds of the way to the bottom. Scoop out pulp with the tip of a knife. Drain tomatoes, upside down, on a paper towel. Combine filling ingredients in small bowl. Stuff tomatoes with filling. Keep refrigerated until serving. If desired, garnish with chives for flower stems.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed tomato: 29 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes in Country Woman July/August 1988