- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground mustard
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper and ground mustard; shake well. Set aside. Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a serving bowl. Shake dressing; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSteamed Broccoli Florets
"This was definitely a different broccoli style. Originally the "dressing" didn't taste quite right but then I doubled the prepared mustard and it made this pretty good! The flavor was a little sweet. We liked it, but it wasn't our absolute favorite one. We may try it again."
"Excellent easy side dish. A great way to give a different flavor to steamed broccoli."
"YUM! I used my Oster food steamer and steamed the florets for 10 minutes or so, then tossed everything together in a bowl.~ Theresa"
"Everyone in our group of four loved it!"
"This recipe is so easy! And delicious!"
"The dressing is delicious, and so easy! Also good on steamed zucchini."
"Very tasty - light sauce. Both husband and son-in-law agreed."