- 2 package (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 bone-in chicken brest halves
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Additional paprika, optional
- Combine the first nine ingredients; gently stuff 1/2 cupful under the skin of each chicken breast (see page 58). Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine oil, paprika, oregano and thyme; brush over chicken. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach-Stuffed Chicken
"This is one of my favorite chicken recipes that I have tried from this cookbook so far. I substituted mozzarella cheese for the Swiss, and I omitted the ricotta. I also added diced mushrooms. I will definitely keep this recipe."
"This was dinner tonight... MMMmmm good! I used 4 skin-on, bone-in thighs and 3 skin-on, bone-in breasts. It was DELICIOSO! I served it with garlic-onion bow-tie pasta (I sauteed fresh garlic cloves with fineley diced onion and simmered it in olive oil. Then tossed bow-tie pasta & grated parm til pasta was coated... mmmmm) and canned asparagus. It was another thumbs up meal! I used 1 tsp italian seasoning instead of 1/2 oregano, 1/2 thyme b/c I didn't have thyme. I hope you all enjoy! I know we did!"
"I change the recipe to eliminate the fat. I used skinless boneless chicken so I flatened them out and put the spinach on them and rolled them up and then baked them."