- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. Place syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Pears
"Very good....I used fresh pears"
"So simple and delicious! My daughter, our in house sweet tooth, passed up brownies to have seconds on these pears. Wonderful!"
"Yum, these are so good that I sometimes serve them for dessert."