- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked and bones removed
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes*
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and ketchup until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add salmon. Prepared mashed potatoes according to package directions. Spoon half into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with salmon mixture, remaining potatoes and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpeedy Salmon Casserole
"It was very tasty. I aded garlic to the fish and also added cream cheese to the mashed pototoes."
"This was very good and easy. Had canned red salmon to use and made instant potatoes with 1/3 cup of sour cream added to them. I needed 2 cups of potatoes and a smaller dish was used. 9x9 would work."