Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- For filling, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup for glaze. To remaining chocolate, stir in the pecans, milk, vanilla and salt. Cover and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Place a 16x12-in. piece of foil in a greased baking sheet; lightly sprinkle with flour. Divide dough in half; place one portion on foil. Roll into a 14x5-in. rectangle. Spread half of the filling lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Using foil, fold dough over filling; seal edges. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For glaze, warm reserved chocolate; stir in corn syrup and water. Spread over cookies. Cool completely. Cut widthwise into 3/4-in. strips.
1 each: 111 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.